Delaware County Girls' Track and Field Relay Carnival
Saturday, April 4, 2020 1:00 p.m.
Haverford High School
1. Participation: This meet is open to girls who are members of any high school team in Delaware County. The following will be needed to compete:
a. Previously paid the $350.00 (full plan) or a check or money order for $125.00 made out to DCGT&FCA
b. A work assignment.
2. Awards: Medals will be awarded to the top 5 relays in each event. No team score will be kept in this meet.
3. Seeding: Must make online entry @PennTrack XC. Entries close on 4/3/20 at 6:59pm.
4. Rules: This meet will be governed by the current national federation rule book, except where the games committee
has added, deleted, or changed the rules for this meet:
· No false starts.
· Relay teams must all be dressed alike.
· Athletes may participate in 4 events.
5. Scratches: You may scratch a relay with no penalty. A team will be considered scratched if it does not clerk in 10
minutes before the event.
6. Track events:
a. The shuttle hurdle relay will be run on the track.
A 1.22 meter exchange zone will be used.
b. Track events will be run in sections and final placement will be based on time.
c. ¼” inch spikes only on all track surfaces.
d. Races to be run in lanes:
Sprint medley relay - 1st and 2nd legs only
1600 meter relay - 1st leg and 2nd leg breaks after one turn
800 meter relay - 1st and 2nd legs only
Southern sprint medley relay - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd legs
400 meter relay - all legs
All other relays - Penn Relays start
e. “B” relays only may be entered in running events
7. Field events:
a. In all field events, awards will be based on the total height or distance for each team.
b. All ties will be settled by the guidelines in the national federation rule book.
c. A two minute time limit will be used in all field events.
d. The 10 minute time limit will be in effect when a competitor leaves one event to compete in another. Remember your
competitor must tell the official when leaving one event for another.
e. There will be three throws or jumps per competitor.
f. The games committee will inspect all throwing implements or choose a common set of implements from the
8. The executive committee will act as the games committee. The meet director will Bill Coren. The referee will be Jim Jensen.
9. Results can be found at http://haventrackxc.com
Order of events
1:00 p.m. Shot Put followed by Discus then Javelin
Long jump followed by Triple Jump
Pole Vault followed by High Jump
2:00 p.m. Shuttle hurdle relay (4 x 100 hurdles)
Southern sprint medley relay (100, 100, 200, 400)
6400 meter relay (4 x 1600)
400 meter relay (4 x 100)
3200 meter relay (4 x 800)
Sprint medley relay (200, 200, 400, 800)
800 meter relay (4 x 200)
Distance medley relay (1200, 400, 800, 1600)
1600 meter relay (4 x 400) – 3 turn stagger